[Zope] Xron and PCGI

Steve Lay S.W.Lay@ucles-red.cam.ac.uk
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:01:34 +0100

Is there any way to make Xron and PCGI working together?

At the moment I've got several happy servers running on PCGI but I would
now like to install and use Xron on one of them.  Unfortunately, after much
fiddling about we are unable to get the Xron tasks to fire.  We've
investigated the sources and it looks like the type of threading Xron
relies on is not used when running from PCGI, but I'm a python/threads
novice so I could be wrong.

My next lead is to try and get Zope running as a web server on some port
other than 80 in addition to having stuff routed through pcgi in the hopes
that Xron will then start working.  Is that possible?

Steve