changing CMF sessioning (was: Re: [Zope] hidden form fields-based identification)

A M Thomas am@virtueofthesmall.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 10:35:19 -0400

Is there a simple way to configure or modify CMF so that sessions can be
tracked by passing session ID's in link URLs?  Also, if possible, by
cookies when either a) no session is detected through a URL session ID,
or b) an existing session cookie is detected?  My goal here is to use
cookies if they're enabled, but if they're not to use session ID's in
all links / forms, and to avoid trying to place a cookie with each new
page view.  It would be great if I didn't have to write this code
myself, but I will if I must.

I know little about CMF, except when I did install it once, I abandoned
it because it only used cookie authentication as far as I could tell.  I
also haven't worked with sessioning products very much, but I have a
little.  I've done a lot of session-using work in Perl, though.

I'd really like to use CMF, but I need sessioning that doesn't depend
solely on cookies.

Thanks,
Am