[Zope] problems accessing the zope manage page via apache

Manuel Hendel zope@hendel.net
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:50:44 +0200

I got apache and zope on one server, I started zope to just listen on
localhost. I defined some virtualhosts in the apache.conf, first I
tried it with ProxyPass and after that with RewriteRules, both don't
work. I can access the first screen, but if I try to access the manage
page using the link on the first page, I get the error message, that
the connection is refused on localhost:8080. On the first page, there
are is also logo on left site missing.

Here is what I configured in the apache:

LoadModule rewrite_module     libexec/apache/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule proxy_module       libexec/apache/libproxy.so

AddModule mod_rewrite.c
AddModule mod_proxy.c

<VirtualHost domain.tld>
        ServerName domain.tld
        ServerAdmin webmaster@domain.tld
        ServerSignature EMail
        CacheRoot /var/log/apache/domain.tld/cache
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://localhost:8080/$1 [L,P]
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache/domain.tld/error_domain.tld_log
        TransferLog /var/log/apache/domain.tld/access_transfer_domain.tld_log
        ProxyVia on
</VirtualHost>

I already read some docs on www.zope.org (eg.
http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro/Zope_and_Apache) but it doesn't
work for some reason I don't know.

Can someone help? I also need to access this via ssl.

Thanks in advance,
    Manule

--
Democracy consists of choosing your dictators, after they've told you what it
is you want to hear.