[Zope] problems accessing the zope manage page via apache

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 21:21:27 +0200

Manuel Hendel writes:
 > I got apache and zope on one server, I started zope to just listen on
 > localhost. I defined some virtualhosts in the apache.conf, first I
 > tried it with ProxyPass and after that with RewriteRules, both don't
 > work. I can access the first screen, but if I try to access the manage
 > page using the link on the first page, I get the error message, that
 > the connection is refused on localhost:8080.
It your Zope still running (and listening) on "localhost:8080"?

  "connection refused" usually means: no server is listening there.

 > On the first page, there
 > are is also logo on left site missing.
Looks look a wrong base url.
Look at the HTML source (of your page, in your browser) and
verify that the "<base>" tag in the HTML "<head>" element is
correct. If it is not, then either you have not installed
the VHM (virtual host monster) or your rewrite rules are not
yet correct.

Plenty of HowTos about this issue! Read (some of) them!

Dieter