[Zope] HTMLDocument & Dynamic Navigation

Michael Hicks MHicks@ahmail.com
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:31:08 -0400

Hello:

I like HTMLDocument's feature of auto-wrapping standard headers and =
footers around a document when viewed. But I notice that there seem to be =
some acquisition problems with the header when it's auto-added to an =
HTMLDocument. I'm using a simple python script to return all files and =
folders in the current folder as links for my left hand nav, and this =
script is referenced in the standard header making for a nice auto =
navigation feature. Works fine when the header is used in a DTMLDocument, =
but nothing is returned from that script when the header is auto-wrapped =
around HTMLDocuments.

Has anyone seen this before?

Simple DTML variables referenced in the header work fine, but the =
navigation links are not returned, so I'm assuming that HTMLDocument's =
context somehow fails to see the files/folders in in the current directory.=
 I tried using the ContentIndex product for the nav instead, in case my =
Python was faulty, but it also fails to return anything when the header is =
auto-wrapped around HTMLDocumewnts, so I'm assuming it's something about =
how HTMLDocument sees the current context.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
-Michael Hicks
 Zope newbie & recent Zope addict