[Zope] Re: HTMLDocument & Dynamic Navigation

Michael Hicks mhicksi AT wesdata.com
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 13:11:58 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the detailed response, Jaroslav.

The reason I wanted to use the HTMLDocument product is because it
meshes so nicely with the ieeditor visual editor
(http://vsbabu.org/webdev/zopedev/ieeditor.html - thanks, Satheesh) and
*then* wraps the header and footer around the document. Try ieeditor
with a DTML document and it gets ugly, because DTML wants the header
referenced in the code, which makes problems for the visual editor.

Anyway - I fixed the problem. The way my header code used to build nav
links for the current folder was by looping through context.objectItems
which failed in the context of HTMLDocument.

Now I simply loop through context.REQUEST.PARENTS[0].objectItems which
works. What I end up with is a really great way for the technically-
challenged to contribute to our church Web site using the visual HTML
tools built right into IE5.x.

Thanks again for the response. I'm new to Zope/Python, and I'm feeling
generally confused these days, so it's nice to get pointers when the
docs fall short. :-)

Regards,
-Mike Hicks