[Zope] Zope won't start

Jack Coates jack@monkeynoodle.org
08 Sep 2002 13:43:18 -0700

On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 09:55, Scott wrote:
> I have installed zope on Mandrake 8.2 from rpms.  The docs say to start
> zope with "etc/rc.d/init.d/zope start" and when I do this from the command
> line it says OK.  But zope does not really start.  I can't connect to zope
> from my browser and if I do "etc/rc.d/init.d/zope stop" it fails because it
> was never runnung in the first place.  Does anyone know what the problem
> might be?
>
> Thanks,
> SW

A: What does it say in {zope-home}var/Z2.log?
B: What happens if you run the commands from the init.d script one by
one from a command line?
C: I also run MDK 8.2, and I'm not thrilled with the RPM. Personally, I
copied that init.d script, deleted the RPM, put a binary installation
package of Zope under /usr/local and then modified the init.d script to
start my copy of Zope instead of the RPM copy. The only benefit RPM
offers in this case is the ability to verify packages, and a quick cron
script using the md5sum command would do that for you just as well.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...