[Zope] LFS (large file support)

Roel Van den Bergh roel@planetinterior.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:50:30 +0200

we didn't start unprepared, I've been reading and collecting stuff the past
seven days ...
and still haven't found the right answers

We have build Python using
CFLAGS='-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' OPT="-g -O2 $CFLAGS" \
        ./configure

but after exceeding the 2GB limit we get

Error Type: Overflow Error
Error Value: long int too large to convert

Traceback
File /home/zope/2-5-1/lib/python/ZODB/Filestorage.ppy, line 558, in _load
	(Object: home/zope/2-5-1/var/Data.fs)
OverflowError: (see above)

Only the CMF site containing the extra data is corrupted.
Other sites are manageble