[Zope] why shall I use Zope?

Newbie newbie@konzoo.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:21:44 +0800

Hi,

can someone give me some ideas on what Zope can be useful for small scale
website?
I understand zope as a good platform to build web application (medium to
large scale) and portal solution.
But if I have only 20 pages of websites and news I probably update only once
a week, is Zope still useful?

To use Zope, I still need to understand HTML if I create the content using
DTML document.
One of the good advantage is ZMI.
But not everyone understand HTML well and ZMI might not be a good tools to
update one's website.

There are a lot of website builder such as Frontpage.
With frontpage, one can manage his/her website locally, update it and
synchronize the contentt with the server.

Could anyone just give me idea why would I prefer to use Zope for small
scale website?
>From $ standpoint, zope hosting is more expensive than other frontpage, php
hosting (of course for small scale site)

Service provided by MaGlobe Prepaid Worldwide Internet Access (visit www.MaGlobe.com)