[Zope] Unauthorized error

Chris Africa cafrica@engin.umich.edu
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 12:08:04 -0400

Well, my student programmer is gone and now suddenly my financials site is
not working.

It spontaneously asks me to log in, and then gives me an error when I try to
view the page. Here's the traceback in the HTML source:

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /Applications/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 150,
in publish_module
  File /Applications/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 114,
in publish
  File /Applications/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 159, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Financials)
  File /Applications/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 98,
in publish
  File /Applications/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 88, in
mapply
    (Object: index_html)
  File /Applications/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 39,
in call_object
    (Object: index_html)
  File /Applications/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 127, in
__call__
    (Object: index_html)
  File /Applications/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py,
line 473, in __call__
    (Object: index_html)
Unauthorized: (see above)

-->

It looks like an unauthorized error, but I'm the site manager and I haven't
restricted access to any pages for myself.

This happens randomly throughout my site, including when I just try to go
back to the main manage page and have just logged in. In other words, it
seems to be forgetting that I'm the manager who has already logged in.

I don't know where to start fixing this problem. Can someone give me an
idea?

Thanks!

--
Chris Africa
University of Michigan College of Engineering