[Zope] problem: zope freezes with httplib

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 20:23:21 +0200

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sebastian_L=FChnsdorf?= writes:
 > we have a problem with a project where zope retrieves web pages from another
 > http server using httplib. the problem is, that at least in some cases Zope
 > freezes until a request is completed (the whole process, all threads).
You have already been told that all your worker thread may be busy.

If this is not the case (you can use the "-M" logging option, to find out),
then it would indicate a problem somewhere in Python's socket implementation
(under some circumstances, the GIL would not be released).

Dieter