[Zope] XML-RPC and binary data

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:57:53 -0400

Is there any reason to expose the encoded binary to the application at al=
l?=20
Why not just have the xmlrpc module decode the incoming data and just pas=
s it=20
along in a string or StringIO object automatically?

Perhaps the latter would be better so that the decode could wait until re=
ad=20
was actually called, thereby saving server cpu cycles if the binary is ne=
ver=20
read for some reason (like a validation error or other exception).

-Casey