[Zope] Re: returning related objects

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:13:26 +0200

VanL wrote:

> /> >/ "Who are the managers that look over Golden Delicious Fields?"
> /> >/ "What kinds of apples are grown in the Valley Orchard?"
> /> >/ /> >/ Currently, I am trying to do a zcatalog query for the known
> item (say, /> >/ the Orchard) and then run up or down the acquisition
> chain to retrieve /> >/ the unknown, but related quantity.
> /> >/ /> >/ Is there an easier way to do this?  One of the things that I
> like about /> >/ Zope is the ability to store objects in their natural
> hierarchies.  Can /> >/ I use that to get information about objects that
> are related to my /> >/ current object?

You could just create a unique method in ie. the manager class and call
it something like "getmanager()" which returns self. It's a trick I have
used once in a while.

def getmanager():
     return context.this()

Hmmm i usually only work in Python products so this is probably a little
off.

then you just call getmanager() on the object from the Catalog and
aquisition takes care of the rest.

regards Max M

"Skeptic Effect" or the "Randi Effect"
When a skeptic is near, supernatural effects seem to disappear.