[Zope] Re: Dreamweaver MX, was: Zope Myths?

Johan Carlsson [Torped] johanc@torped.se
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:38:40 +0200

At 18:05 2002-09-11 -0700, Matt Young said:
>Thanks for the pointer.  So is ExternalEditor an actual
>HTML editor, or a way to "mate" with them?  Could you
>recommend a version or give a link (I'm trying to avoid the
>half-baked stuff, iykwim).

No, it's a client-server solution (client works on Windows/Unix
and the server is installed as a Product in Zope).
The client uses regular HTTP get requests to download the editable
part of an object, it then, based on extension or content type
open a program (that you can configure) to edit the content.
This works for textual object (linke DTML Method or ZPT) as well as
binary object such as Images or Files.

When you save the change file, the client detects that the file has
been changad an uses WebDAV to upload the file to Zope.
It's all transparent to you, though.

http://www.zope.org/Members/Caseman/ExternalEditor

Regards,
Johan Carlsson