[Zope] Memory consumtion of a zope instance

Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:17:31 +0100

On Thursday 12 Sep 2002 12:56 pm, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> zope is not lightweight like you average apache process. it likes RAM.
> and it will take more and more as the content on your sites grow since
> the ZODB index is stored in RAM.

If you use FileStorage, yes. FileStorage would be a bad choice for this=20
project. All berkeley-based storage and DirectoryStorage do not have this=
=20
problem.

Also the new ZODB memory cache in Zope 2.6 is less wasteful with ram than=
=20
previous versions. If Andreas is running zope in 11-18 MB of RAM I guess =
he=20
is already using this. If not, there is an extra saving to be made.