[Zope] Unauthorized error

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:44:40 +0200

Chris Africa writes:
 > Well, my student programmer is gone and now suddenly my financials site is
 > not working.
 >
 > It spontaneously asks me to log in, and then gives me an error when I try to
 > view the page. Here's the traceback in the HTML source:

We (always!) want "Error type" and "Error value" in addition to a traceback
(for the future).

 > Traceback (innermost last):
 >   File /Applications/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 127, in
 > __call__
 >     (Object: index_html)
 >   File /Applications/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py,
 > line 473, in __call__
 >     (Object: index_html)
 > Unauthorized: (see above)
Check the "View permission" of the respective "index_html".
Explicitely add "Manager", if it is not there and try again.

If the problem remains, use Shanes "VerboseSecurity" product to find
out precisely, what goes wrong.

Dieter