[Zope] Memory consumtion of a zope instance

David Shaw spam2@theresistance.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:12:11 -0400

On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 12:00  PM, zope-request@zope.org
wrote:
> I'm glad this thread was started, because I was wondering about memory
> consumption on my win2k machine running one instance.  It seems to
> start off
> using between 25-30 megs.  Now it's sitting at 38 megs.  When I login
> or
> access certain folders like the root, it goes up between 70-90 megs. It
> takes along time for met to access the root folder.  I only have 10-15
> objects in the root.

We used Zope at my previous job in a very large-scale way.  We had two
zope front-ends and a ZEO backend.  Our Zope instances (one per host,
ZEO on its own box) would usually stabilize with about 30,000 items in
the cache and about 255MB of RAM each (our ZCatalog had over 1 million
objects in it, and most every page was catalog-driven).