[Zope] Profiling python scripts on filesystem

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:26:21 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Hedley Roos wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I want to profile my scripts on the filesystem, but unfortunately
> CallProfiler by Richard was not designed to do that, and I have no idea how
> to integrate Python's own Profiler with Zope.
>
> Any (not too hackish) ideas?

For profiling filesystem code just start zope with PROFILE_PUBLISHER set
to some value as an environmental variable and then click on the control
panel, debug and then profile. Then run whatever your tests are and click
there again it gives full profiling information for zope and your script
will be in there also.

Designing and building web applications http://webme-eng.com