[Zope] Diacriticals in ZMI

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:33:52 -0700

My problem is the ZMI doesn't seem to be setting an encoding. Mozilla 1.1
notices this and displays all 8 bit characters as '?'. So 'Re'sume`' now
shows up as 'R?sum?'.

So my questions are:

1) How do I set the ZMI codepage or encoding so the browser knows what's
going on?
2) Is there a way to enter é et al. into ZMI Title boxes and have
them work rather than entering 8 bit characters?

I've tried setting the locale via -L but that isn't helping me any. It seems
to refuse to accept most of the locales listed by 'locale -a' and those that
Zope accepts seem to result in a non-responsive ZMI.