[Zope] I can't seem to get site-packages to work under Win32

Friedlander Paul PaulFriedlander@Danfoss.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:48:01 +0200

You are right, the debug screen show "sys.path". However, I have tried
several times putting the packages into the directory
"C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\bin\lib\site-packages". They all have "__init__.py" and
they still can't be found. The only thing that worked was putting them in
"C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\bin\lib".

I agree that this shouldn't be. Every other Python installation I have dealt
with used the site-packages directory. What I don't know is why or how to
change the behavior. And I still can't get the system to find the _image.pyd
file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dieter Maurer [mailto:dieter@handshake.de]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 2:43 PM
To: Friedlander Paul
Cc: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: RE: [Zope] I can't seem to get site-packages to work under
Win32

Friedlander Paul writes:
 > The debug screen shows "C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\bin\lib\site-packages" under
 > syspath and
Look's like you have been a bit careless:

 If "syspath" is "sys.path", then if you put the packages you want to
 have in "site-packages" into "C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\bin\lib\site-packages",
 then they will be found.

 Check that each package contains an "__init__.py". Some archivers
 delete empty file on unpacking. This causes Python not to recognize
 a package.

Dieter