[Zope] Inhibiting acquisition for virtual hosting?

Don Hopkins dhopkins@Connected.TV
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:06:47 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C25E8E.225AFAF0

I'm using the Zope SiteRoot and Apache mod_rewrite configured as
described in the zope documentation as a front-end for several virtual
zope sites.

I just noticed that I'm getting some search engine hits on one zope
site, which should have been destined for one of the other zope sites.

It turns out that somehow the search engine got the url with the prefix
of one site, followed by the root folder name of the other site, so
another view of the other site came up in the wrong place under the
first site, thanks to acquisition.

Is there a way to nip acquisition in the bud when doing virtual hosting,
so it doesn't walk up past the virtual host SiteRoot?

Has this been fixed in recent versions of Zope? I'm running an older
version of Zope on that server. Can I just upgrade or install some cool
product in order to fix the problem?

Thanks a lot for the help!

            -Don

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C25E8E.225AFAF0

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I&#8217;m using the Zope SiteRoot and Apache =
mod_rewrite configured
as described in the zope documentation as a front-end for several =
virtual zope

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I just noticed that I&#8217;m getting some search =
engine
hits on one zope site, which should have been destined for one of the =
other zope

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>It turns out that somehow the search engine got the =
url with
the prefix of one site, followed by the root folder name of the other =
site, so another
view of the other site came up in the wrong place under the first site, =
thanks

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Is there a way to nip acquisition in the bud when =
doing
virtual hosting, so it doesn&#8217;t walk up past the virtual host =

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Has this been fixed in recent versions of Zope? =
I&#8217;m running
an older version of Zope on that server. Can I just upgrade or install =
some

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C25E8E.225AFAF0--