[Zope] Preventing acquiring a permission

Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:00:47 +0100

On Wednesday 18 Sep 2002 4:00 am, John K. Hohm wrote:
> I am using Zope 2.5.1, and writing a product with a folderish class.  I
> want to be able to prevent acquiring a permission from one role, while
> still acquiring it from another role (if the user gets that role locall=
y).=20

> I suppose it could work by preventing the user from acquiring a role; i=
> there already some sensible way of doing that?

It sound like you are trying to abuse a standard permission. Is the probl=
em=20
something like: your folderish product uses properties to control its=20
behaviour, but you dont want to let some users control properties of all=20
sub-objects?

Perhaps a better way would be to define a new permission, call it "Change=
=20
MyFolderishThing Properies", and leave the permission acquisition system =
to=20
work as normal.=20