[Zope] Handling of objects returned from external methods within zope?

DA Loeffler David.Loeffler@bristol.ac.uk
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:02:57 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Passin,Thomas B. (Tom) wrote:

> External methods are functions, not methods.  But if the function
> returns an object you should be able to use its methods.

Actually you should not, because it might be insecure to import
untrusted objects. But you can declare objects to be trustworthy.

Try putting the line __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__=1 in the
class definition.

(I have Casey Duncan to thank for suggesting this to me when I faced the
same problem some while ago.)

David