[Zope] REQUEST object in product

douwe@oberon.nl douwe@oberon.nl
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:23:21 +0200

Hi,

I put together a bunch of z classes to ease the building of forms. The idea
was that any instance of my zclass could call the method edit, which would
then search for a dtml form called editForm in a hierarchy and render that.
The editForm in turn contains calls to the widget method of the zclass which
renders the html code for the different form fields.

So far, so good. I wanted to get rid of the zclasses and make it into a
python product. However, the wiget method now no longer has access to the
REQUEST object which is implicitetly passed to the zclass method. Is there a
way to get the current REQUEST object from within a method of a product? I
would prefer not to write <dtml-var widget(id,value,REQUEST)> all the time.

Thanks in advance,

Douwe