[Zope] Still No TextIndexNG on Win2000 (ALMOST SOLVED)

abg@comco-inc.com abg@comco-inc.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:19:23 -0500

So, to get TextIndexNG working, I need Visual C++ on my web server? Ouch.

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Andy
McKay
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 4:52 PM
To: Aaron Gillette; zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Still No TextIndexNG on Win2000 (ALMOST SOLVED)

cl.exe is a compiler. Assuming you have visual studio 6 installed...

C:\Documents and Settings\dna.CR582427-A-\Desktop>cl
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 12.00.8168 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1998. All rights reserved.

usage: cl [ option... ] filename... [ /link linkoption... ]

to run this you must first run VCVARS32.BAT which is in the VC98 folder like
thus:

C:\Documents and Settings\dna.CR582427-A-\Desktop>"c:\Program
Files\Microsoft Vi
sual Studio\VC98\Bin\VCVARS32.BAT"
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual C++ tools.

Hope that helps. Sounds like a windows binary distributions is needed
--
  Andy McKay
  Agmweb Consulting