[Zope] Major problems with slow catalog querie

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
20 Sep 2002 13:26:27 +0200

fre, 2002-09-20 kl. 10:39 skrev Toby Dickenson:
> On Thursday 19 Sep 2002 1:34 pm, Lea Smith wrote:
> > I have also found that the catalog becomes very
> > sluggish after a 'find and catalog' to catalog the
> > 10,500 items. It takes 10 mins for the catalog to
> > return with the 'catalog' tab listing the cataloged
> > items. It takes a further 10 mins before the python
> > process drops its usuage of the processor from 90-95%
> > down to 0-10%. From this point on, the catalog takes
> > 40-45 seconds to return found items using the site
> > search form. Restarting Zope brings the catalog back
> > to the 1.5-5 seconds I had achieved previously.
>
> Using Zope 2.5.x ? This sounds like a typical symptom caused by excessive
> memory pressure on the ZODB object cache. You are probably seeing zope memory
> usage increase too?
>
> 2.6.x has a redesigned cache that shouldnt exhibit these problem.

Hmmm ... thanks to Toby for posting this.
We are running a CMF site under Zope-2.5 and it's a slooooooooooow site
:/
I just thought that it was the portal_catalog queries that caused this -
which your posting indicated - and accepted that for the moment.
I will try and switch the stuff to Zope-2.6 and see if it makes any
improvements. Our use of memory on our Zope instance homes are BIG ! I
hope to bring it down ...

Greetings,
Gitte Wange