[Zope] Z2.log user name problem

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 05:48:24 -0700

I'm using out-of-the-box user authentication with CookieCrumbler.
Everything seems fine except that the identified user in the Z2.log file
is wrong.

The site structure is something like

	root--foldera--folderb--userroot--stuff--...
         |                       |
       acl_users              acl_users & CookieCrumbler

The root acl_users authenticates administrative folks.  There is no
CookieCrumbler in the root folder.

Anonymous users get sent off to the userroot where they authenticate
with the second acl_users.  But, their user name apparently never gets
set properly for logging via the Z2.log.  Internally, everything is set
properly with _.SecurityGetUser().gtetUserName() returning the user's
login name, etc.

I assume there is some method which needs to be called to update the
username for logging purposes when the login is upgraded, but I've
been unable to find it.  Or is this a problem caused by the lack of a
CookieCrumbler in the root folder....