[Zope] Can't connect to Zope server when there is no internet connection...

Passin,Thomas B. (Tom) tpassin@mitretek.org
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:05:58 -0400

[ Lars von Wedel]

> I'm running Zope 2.5.1 with Python 2.2 on Win2k. When I'm=20
> connected to the Internet (eg via modem and phone line), I=20
> can happily access my Zope server.
>=20
> However, when there is no connection available, IE 5.5 won't=20
> connect to Zope.
>=20

It does work - I do it on my laptop.  Usually it is one of two things:

1)  Set your networking options to **not** automatically dial your ISP.
2) If IE asks if you want to work off-line, tell it "no".  Then it will
go ahead and connect.

You may also have to set up an entry for localhost in the hosts file (in
the Windows or WINNT directory).  Try connecting at 127.0.0.1:8080 and
see if that works (that is the address for a host on the local machine).

Cheers,

Tom P