[Zope] HTTPS question

Ken firerooster@netscape.net
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:22:00 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Zopers,

A couple of days ago I asked a question about HTTPS.

I had been running Zope 2.3.2 (FreeBSD 4.3), with Python 2.0... for historical reasons. Anyway, it worked for a long time although there were times it would crash...

Now I have a very stable 2.5.1, but one thing no longer works: one of my favorite things involved grabbing pages with KebasData, some of which used HTTPS. It seems that my python2.0, which has since gone away, was compiled with SSL.

Now, the python2.1 that came with Zope seems not to support SSL. I have been told that it would be hard to change this as it was installed from binaries.

So, I have installed another python2.1.3 where SSL is available. Only thing is, when I try to run Zope with that (SSL-enabled) python, I get the following:

ImportError: /usr/k/www/zope/lib/python/ExtensionClass.so: Undefined symbol "_IO_stderr_"

A very intelligent friend then suggested I install Zope from sources. An easy thing with FreeBSD ports. But while compiling the python modules I get this:

...../Products/PythonScripts/zbytecodehacks/USExec.py:425: SyntaxWarning: local name 'error_msg' in '_WriteGuardWrapper' shadows use of 'error_msg' as global in nested scope 'model_handler'
 def _WriteGuardWrapper():

...../Products/PythonScripts/zbytecodehacks/closure.py:121: SyntaxWarning: local name 'n' in 'make_adder' shadows use of 'n' as global in nested scope 'adder'
 def make_adder(n):

So, keeping in mind that what I am really trying to do is grab some HTTPS pages with KebasData (and also with Document Library), can anyone suggest how to proceed?

Thanks to all,

Ken