[Zope] Re: List of "current" and deprecated products?

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com.br
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:54:37 -0300

On Sex 20 Set 2002 05:42, Andreas Tille wrote:
| A manually maintained list would just add another outdated document because
| it can't be sanely managed as you stated.  But there are tools and those
| tools have definitely be used in projects like Zope.
|
| > Hopefully someone from zope.com will think "What a great idea!" and take
| > it on as a skunkworks project.  I can dream, can't I?
|
| Hopefully Sidnei da Silva <sidnei@x3ng.com.br> had something like this in
| mind in his posting.

Exactly, thats why im dreamcatcher :)

Seriously, Ive been (and still) involved with the effort of making NZO live
for the last 6 months. There were a lot of discussion about this and that and
no action until now. Now im dedicating my time entirely to this project and I
hope to have something for you guys to look at in the next months.

You can be sure that this issue was discussed a lot, soon we will start
discussing it again, but first we need to have something to work on, or else
we will keep discussing forever and nothing will be done. Right now im
working on getting the software at zope.org updated to the latest versions of
Zope and CMF. This can take some weeks. Believe me, there is more content
there than i could imagine before.

The whole discussion and how we are planning to solve this problems is
documented on this Wiki:

I hope you guys can be there when is time to put those ideas in practice and
have time to volunteer and really make it happen.

[]'s

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

Let the machine do the dirty work.
		-- "Elements of Programming Style", Kernighan and Ritchie