[Zope] Mandrake upgrade (8.1 -> 8.2) , can't connect to Zope

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:39:08 +0200

Marcio Marchini wrote:
> | Maybe, the Zope that comes with Mandrake 8.2 no longer supports PCGI
> | out of the box.
>

> 	I don't believe the Mandrake Upgrade also upgraded Zope. I think it kept my
> original install. But I don't know how to verify that.

Mandrake doesn't include zope, but it does upgrade python to python2.2
and that's unsuitable for Zope.
You should grab the source rpm from python.org for python 2.1.
It rebuilds fine under Mandrake and doesn't replace python 2.2 (the two
sets of packages can coexist without problems).
Then you should grab the source distribution of zope and install it
using 'python2.1' (instead of 'python' that is really python 2.2).
I don't use pcgi, I use fastcgi (rebuilt the srpm for conectiva linux,
again, it works fine under mandrake).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007