[Zope] Re: updating catalog takes forever (never really completes)

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:28:12 +0200

Toby Dickenson wrote:
>>This is something I don't like about Zope: that the index isn't just an
>>index. If it wasn't so expensive to get the original objects there would
>>be no need to keep around this (duplicated,redundant) data.
>

> Im not sure what you are implicitly comparing Zope with.... Relational
> databases keep redundant copies of their data in indexes too.

In indexes, yes, that's not really redundant, is an index after all.
But metadata? It seems it is just a workaround to a limitation of the zodb.

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007