[Zope] Displaying different files of server file-system of different format

Ulla Theiss u.theiss@eurodata.de
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:41:10 +0200

Hello mailing-list,

I'm developping site to display the contents of different files, in
different formats. Zope
should be used as front-end.

The files are checked out form another system on the same machine.

This means:
	1. I need access to the server file-system (LocalFS?)
	2. The name of the file is determined dynamically during the user
interaction
	3. The format of the file (pdf, html, gif, ...) is determined
dynamically, too

Unfortunately I have nothing but problems with it. I am completely in
the dark.
	1. To display a file from the local file-system, I created a dtml-file
with the
	following contents:

	<dtml-var "localFS['tmp']['kaese.pdf']">

	The problem is,	that the file is displayed in ascii-format, not in pdf.

	2. Created the file in python product code

         self.display_page = File('C:\\tmp\\kaese.pdf', globals())

	Zope displayed the problem

	------------------------snip snap -----------------------------
		> Resource not found

       		> Sorry, the requested resource does not exist.
		> Check the URL and try again.

		> Resource: File.File instance at 01F8422C
	Is it possible to create a object to publish (like DTMLFile, ImageFile,
....)
	without defining the format (or type) in advance?

Can please, please anybody give me a hint? Do I use a completely wrong
way? It might help me, if
you can help me by a part of my problem.

Thank you very much in advance,
Ulla Theiß.