[Zope] Upgrading Zope instances from 2.5 to 2.6a

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
23 Sep 2002 20:26:47 +0200

On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 19:15, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Gitte Wange writes:
>  > ...
>  >   Module ZODB.Connection, line 533, in setstate
>  > SystemError: Failed to import class Splitter from module
>  > Products.PluginIndexes.TextIndex.Splitter.ZopeSplitter
> I got this same error message when I had not recompiled Zope.
>
> "ZopeSplitter" is implemented in "C" (you need a "*.so"/"*.pyd" object).
> It must be compiled and linked before it becomes usable.
>

> Dieter

Thanks Dieter - but I don't quite understand (sorry for being slow).
What do I need to compile ?
Can't I just copy the __init__.py file? (It worked with the other error
I wrote about earlier today).

Greetings,
Gitte Wange