[Zope] Exporting objects

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:38:00 +0200

Charlie Reiman writes:
 > Follow up question: Are zexp files dumpable?
I do not know what you mean with "dumpable".
 > Are they just little ZODBs
They use the same pickling code but they (of course) do not have
transaction boundaries.

Thus, you cannot use ZODB utilities to read zexp files.
 > that
 > I can pop open and dump on my own, or something more esoteric?
Sure, you can open the "zexp" file: when I remember right,
they contain a sequence of (binary) pickle objects.

However, again, I would verify whether the XML format exhibits
the same problem. When it does, it is much easier to analyse...

Dieter