[Zope] Newbie: Case independent URLs?

Passin,Thomas B. (Tom) tpassin@mitretek.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:33:07 -0400

[ Toby Dickenson]
>=20
> Like it or not, windows users are conditioned to expect case=20
> insensitivity.=20
> Our static site is full of files that mix up .pdf, .PDF, and=20
> .Pdf, and we=20
> need to use Apaches mod_speling to account for the=20
> difference. Ive given up=20
> on convincing the content authors that there is anything=20
> wrong in this.
>=20
> I seem to remember IIS work this way by default?
>=20

According to the RFC (2396), the scheme part of the URI is to be all
lowercase and also should be case insensitive in case uppercase is used
anyway.  Host names are also supposed to be case-insensitive.  Otherwise
the RFC does not constrain the case sensitivity-ness.  So it would be up
to the server.

Cheers,

Tom P