[Zope] breadcrumbs ques

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:03:28 +0100

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> no, PARENTS is absolutely not deprecated. chris just likes to make
> blanket statements like that...

Of course, and I can never back them up ;-)

Dieter obviously read the same stuff I did:
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2001-December/002635.html
...maybe you could ask him where?

And of course there's the point you make:
> if you read HISTORY.txt it mentions PARENTS in a single context: for
> user validation purposes the new REQUEST.PUBLISHED is preferred over
> pulling the published object out of REQUEST.PARENTS.
...why was this change made if there was nothing wrong with PARENTS?

Now that said, I agree with you that there's not much documentation on
_why_ it was deprecated (if it was), and I can't find the discussions around the
time
when I remember it being deprecated(if it was) (my memory tells me the
discussions were over a year ago...), which is a shame.

Still, I have memories of REQUEST.steps, REQUEST.PARENTS and various Virtual
Hosting discussions around the same time, so maybe you can research further and
prove me wrong, since you seem to take pleasure from that.

cheers,

Chris