[Zope] CMF login traceback

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:39:39 +0200

Stephan Goeldi writes:
 > what tells me this traceback I get on the object logged_in?
Where is your "Error Type" and "Error Value" information?

 > <!--
 > Traceback (innermost last):
 > portal_registration.setProperties(last_login_time=member.login_time))
 >     (Info: member)
 >   File &lt;string&gt;, line 2, in f
 >   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/AccessControl/DTML.py, line 29, in
 > guarded_getattr
 >     (Object: logged_in)
 >   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/AccessControl/ZopeGuards.py, line 47, in
 > guarded_getattr
 >     (Object: portal_registration)
 > AttributeError: (see above)
Almost surely, this is because the visiting user does not have
the necessary permission to access "setProperties".

Up to now, I saw 2 reasons for this behaviour:

  1.  The visiting user was not a member of the portal (but defined
      outside of it)

  2.  The permission mapping for "Change own properties" was
      magically reset (happened just once, was not reproducible).

Dieter