[Zope] A simple patch file question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:27:38 +0200

Derek Basch writes:
 > I would like to get a traceback with XML-RPC fault
 >
 > What I cant figure out is, how do I apply the patch
 > that is included at the end of the message? Im sure
 > its a silly question but any help is appreciated.
The easiest way is to use the "patch" utility.

I fear, you work under Windows...

  "patch" is part of the "Cygwin" distribution. But "Cygwin" is huge.
  You may not want to download/install it.

  With a bit luck, you find it also stand alone. I remember
  a post that tells about a site with a set of nice Unix tools
  for Windows. Do not remember the URL (as I do not work under Windows).
  Google for it.

Otherwise, a patch is a prescription on how to change a file (or set thereof).
You will see lines prefixed with "-" and "+". "-" lines need to be removed
"+" lines need to be added. Other lines are context lines (such that
you (or "patch") knows where to apply the changed).

Dieter