[Zope] For the future (DTML or Page Templates?)

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:20:23 -0400

still going strong:)

there was a thread about this recently (you might check the archives) and
the conclusion was basically IMO that DTML is faster than ZPT but that ZPT
is more elegant and less problematic, especially when you use it in
conjunction with Python Scripts. also the consensus seems to be that DTML is
never going to go away.

Of course which one you use depends on your needs, eg if you have a designer
working with you on this who knows nothing of zope or programming or who is
using Dreameaver or some other WYSIWYG editor, it might be more productive
to use ZPT.

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion