[Zope] ZOPE site migration

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:34:59 +0200

eric.n.dunn@bankofamerica.com wrote:

> What is the best way to migrate a ZOPE 2.5.1 web site from one Solaris box
> to another.
>
> We have our test site ready for production release and need to bring it into
> production environment.
>
> We could build the ZOPE instance on the production box, install new products
> and import from test and export to production... but...  is there a way to
> migrate the entire site, i.e. copy ZOPE instance dir and reconfig the paths
> to certain scripts?

The easiest approach is if you have it set up using INSTANCE_HOME on
both machines. Then you should just copy all the files from one machine
to another, and all should be good to go.

Far the easiest method.

Later on you will also need to upgrade your existing objects. Then the
process should be:

copy Data.fs from production server.
Test updates cript on development server
Copy over files, products etc.
restart production server
run updatescript on production server

Preferably all this should be automated!

regards Max M

"Skeptic Effect" or the "Randi Effect"
When a skeptic is near, supernatural effects seem to disappear.