[Zope] Zope Apache VirtualHostMonster

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:13:39 +0200

From: "Júlio Silva" <jsilva@ruido-visual.pt>
> I'm trying to put apache in front of zope, and let zope do the
> virtualHosting with VirtualHostMonster.
> For this the only howto I found which looks to do what I want is this:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/Jace/apache-vhm

This configuration will always return the Zope root, because that's how it's
configured. You need to add the path, and the ending "VirtualHostRoot"
statement. Like this:

RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/
      www.virtualdomain.com:80/www_virtualdomain_com/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]

Using ${} parameters might work (I haven't tried it) and then it would looks
omething like this:

RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}/%{HTTP_HOST}/Virtual
HostRoot/$1 [L,P]

In which case the site root has to be located in /the.server.name.com/ .

For more info on the virtual host monster see:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/VirtualHosting.s
tx

And for more info on how to use zope and Apache, see:
http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro/Zope_and_Apache

Best Regards

Lennart Regebro, Torped
http://www.easypublisher.com/