[Zope] Newbie (again) using PIDDLE with Zope

Ashley Lloyd ashleylloyd@hotmail.com
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:30:53 +0100

Thanks very much for your reply, especially the concerns you've raised (I'll
try to make sure if we end up making this work, I bear that in mind when
testing)!

>That would be a question for the piddle mailing list (is it still active?).

I remember trying a list before, pretty sure it was at sourceforge, and
getting no real response, so I was just hoping someone here could help.

>>Error: Value 'pdfgen' module has no attribute 'Canvas' Canvas is a class
>>defined in pdfgen.

>... well, apparently it's not.
>Either that's the wrong name, or it lives somewhere other than pdfgen.
>Sorry, I haven't looked at piddle in a long time and don't have it
> >handy...

As far as I can see, it is - but then I've been known to be wrong once or
twice (an hour). This is a snip from the pdfgen.py file that I copied into
lib:

class Canvas:
    """This is a low-level interface to the PDF file format.  The plan is to
    expose the whole pdfgen API through this.  Its drawing functions should
have a
    one-to-one correspondence with PDF functionality.  Unlike PIDDLE, it
thinks
    in terms of RGB values, Postscript font names, paths, and a 'current
graphics
    state'.  Just started development at 5/9/99, not in use yet.

    """
    def __init__(self,filename,pagesize=(595.27,841.89), bottomup = 1):

</snip>

I could obviously copy more if necessary, I don't know if it would help .. ?

It works fine when called outside of Zope, its just when I try it in Zope
that it doesn't work.

Any inspiration, anyone ... ?

On the move? Get Hotmail on your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/mobile