[Zope] Re> another newbie rewrite problem

Dan Donaldson DDonaldson@unicef.ca
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 15:16:19 -0500

I got it working! Thanks for the prompt replies. I have to say that =
while the documentation for Zope can be -er - challenging, the quick =
response from the community is great to see.

The problem was not having the proxy modules loaded. It would appear =
that Apache 2 has a more elaborate scheme for proxy modules, and the =
tutorial at=20

www.zope.org/Members/ike/Apache2_freeBSD

also helped, by alerting me to the proxy module loading order. This is =
what I added to the bottom of the LoadModule sequence:

LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so

Eventually, my virtual host set up looked like this:

NameVirtualHost 10.1.3.225

<VirtualHost 10.1.3.225>
ServerName www.dantest.com
ServerAlias dantest.com

DocumentRoot /var/www/html
RewriteEngine On
RewriteLog /dan/rwLog2.txt
#RewriteLogLevel 9
#RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^/(.*)
RewriteRule /Zope/(.*) =
http://10.1.3.225:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}:80/dantest/$1 =
[L,P]

</VirtualHost>

The road ahead is clear.... Pedal to the metal.

dan

DAN DONALDSON
Webmaster
UNICEF Canada