[Zope] Newbie - installing DirectoryStorage.

FNk fnkunda@africamuseum.be
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:58:59 +0200

Hi all,

I'm having problems installing DirectoryStorage (both the stable and beta
versions).
I'm running zope-2.6.0 on a Linux Redhat distribution with a ext3
filesystem.

The installation seems to be going well (e.g. everything get installed
without error), but when a start Zope, I can't manage to logon.
I run zope with the -u switch. Apparently, "the best workaround is to drop
root privileges sooner, before starting Zope".
Can somebody tell me what this means exactly ? cause I believed that I've
tried this but without success.

My second question is: Is there a way of installing Zope without having to
use the -u switch ?

Thanks for any help.

FNk