[Zope] Re: Moving a Zope installation

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
04 Apr 2003 11:34:43 -0800

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 16:09, garry saddington wrote:
> If I develop a Zope application on a laptop which includes lots of extra
> products, how can I move the whole lot to a production server?

There are two parts: the code and the objects.

For the code, all you need to do is locat each product's folder in your
local  ZOPE_INSTALL/lib/python/Products and copy it to the corresponding
directory on your server.

After that, you can move your objects by exporting, copying the zexp
files to the server's ZOPE_INSTALL/import directory and importing
through the server's ZMI.

HTH,

Dylan