[Zope] Zope (X)3 FAQ

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 08:06:40 -0500

On Saturday 05 April 2003 07:37, Thomas Guettler wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 07:35:19PM -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I just updated the Zope 3 FAQ at:
> > http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/FAQ
>
> New question:
>
> Will there be a "standard" way of updating existing instances to
> changes in the python source?
>
> Upto now I my python classes have a refresh() method wich updates
> instances which are already in ZODB. I prefere this explizit method to
> the implicit update when the object gets unpickled.

I think you are using Zope wrong. You do not need such a methid, the
Transaction machinery does it for you. If you have a dictionary, you should
use persistent dictionary, so it will be updated.

I am positive that there will be never something like a refresh() method in
Zope, either Zope 2 or 3.

Regards,
Stephan
--