[Zope] how to get the author of a modification ?

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain Thénault
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:17:49 +0200

On Saturday 05 April à 08:14, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Sylvain Thénault wrote at 2003-4-4 11:51 +0200:
>  > I'ld like to make a history of latest change on a web site. To do so I
>  > fetch the latest modified object using a catalog query on
>  > ModificationDate. The problem is that I'ld like to display the
>  > modification's author, which is not a property of the object. I guess
>  > that I need to find the transaction associated with the modification to
>  > get this information but I don't know how to do that...
>  >
>  > Any idea ?
>
> You can use the databases "history" method:
>
>     <object>._p_jar.db().history(...)
>
> Look the "history" signature up in "ZODB.BaseStorage.BaseStorage".

thanks ! a simple external method like :

def history(self):
    return self._p_jar.db().history(self._p_oid, None)

does the job.

regards
--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).