[Zope] Error: The ZGadflyDA product must be installed

Gabriele Bartolini g.bartol@comune.prato.it
07 Apr 2003 16:20:23 +0200

Hi guys,

   first ... I am really a newbie and this is the first time I am trying
Zope seriously (and I think it is a great product!).

   I have installed Zope 2.6.1 from sources, together with Python 2.1.3
on my Linux RH 7.3 in the '/opt/zope/Zope-2.6.1-src' dir, and I am
running it through this command:

./start -u zope -D -w 6666 -f 6621 -L 'it_IT'

   I am trying now to install a new Zope tutorial in the main folder,
but once I put the tutorial Id, I get this error:

Error Type: Bad Request
Error Value: The ZGadflyDA product must be installed!

   Here is my sys.path, according to the debug information page:
sys.path (consider that the directory /opt/zope/zope is a symbolic link
to the original dir):

 /opt/zope/zope/lib/python
 /opt/zope/zope
 /opt/zope/zope
 /usr/local/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload
 /usr/local/lib/python2.1
 /usr/local/lib/python2.1/plat-linux2
 /usr/local/lib/python2.1/lib-tk
 /usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages

    I hope you can solve this problem. I am sure it is a simple thing
... it's just that it's hard to be discovered by a newbie.

Ciao and thanks!
-Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini - Web Programmer
Comune di Prato - Prato - Tuscany - Italy