[Zope] redirects & POST

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:12:34 +0200

Dennis Allison wrote at 2003-4-4 14:46 -0800:
 > I have a form that uses POST to transfer it's output because there is a
 > lot of text and because I don't want it exposed on the command line.
 >
 > The form gets processed and then wants to return the same material,
 > slightly modified, to the original form to repopulate.  To do this
 > I generally redirect to the original form with the variables appened as
 > quote_plus() quoted name/value pairs in the usual GET format.
 >
 > Is there some way to use POST in this context?

HTTP 1.1 forbids (the HTTP client) to redirect a POST request without explicit
user interaction.

If this does not disturb you (it probably will) *and* you
are sure that all your HTTP clients are 1.1 compatible,
then you can use the special HTTP POST redirect (introduced
in HTTP 1.1).

Others already told you to simply call the form.
This works fine when the base url is the same.
Otherwise, my "emulatedRedirect" might be helpful

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

Dieter